August 05, 2014

On safari with Paka Adventures. Experience of a traveling lady.



It has been fun and interesting to travel with Fabienne, who chose Paka Adventures for her first trip to Tanzania. At the end of an intense week of safari, she accepted to talk with us about her experience. Enjoy this short interview!

Did you enjoy Tanzania? Was it like you expected or different?

I didn't get too much information before leaving... I preferred to be surprised! I like Tanzania, I really didn't expect such different landscapes and such a various environment, neither to see so many animals. I'm happy with the choice to do my safari in Selous Game Reserve, which is not too crowded and still unspoilt.

Have you been happy with the accommodations along your way?

All the lodges and tented camps were good level ones. Hondo hondo in Undzungwa was a bit more rustic, but still a very nice and welcoming place to stay. Mikumi Wildlife Camp is simple and elegant, it has an amazing atmosphere that I think it's perfect for couples on a romantic trip as well. Selous Wilderness Camp is really in the middle of the nature, the experience is unique because you listen that animals are really on the short distance – maybe I won't advise to people who are scared of animals, but it's great instead if you love the environment and if you need to take a break from the routine, mobile, internet and all the stressful things of normal life.

Would you advise other people to have this experience and travel like you did?

I really think that this type of safari is good for people traveling alone like me, as well as for couples. For families with kids under 6 years old it might be a little bit difficult to manage to do everything. I liked the fact that I saw animals from a very short distance, but people who are scared of big size ones should be more cautious in choosing this itinerary.

… Thank you for being with us, Fabienne! We hope to hear from you soon!

No comments: