July 21, 2014

Hondo hondo. A retreat nearby the mountains...


It happened to me to spend the night in different types of accommodation, while traveling. But until today, the tented camp was still missing – despite many back and forth across Tanzania. So, here I am, feeling a bit like an explorer of one century ago under my tent. But writing on a laptop instead of the paper.

The first day of safari started with a long drive from Dar Es Salaam, passing through the town of Morogoro, and up to the area of the Udzungwa National Park. As exciting as tiring! We arrived to Hondo Hondo, the only tented camp in this area, in the early afternoon.






I have to be honest. I loved this place at the first sight! From the camping area up to the luxury tents, built in an area plenty of green grass, knotty trees and populated by families of funny baboons. I went around and took some pictures of the facilities, then I had a talk with the owner  – Scottish, managing hotels and lodges in Tanzania since over 20 years.

And finally, I took a breath!

No comments: